Centre Road : Mountains, Cultural Heritage and Coffee Plantations
Discover the center of São Tomé island, chill temperatures and fog amongthe trees… enjoy a walk in the tropical mountain forest fulfilled with coffee plantations, visit the Saint Nicholas waterfall, meet young kids offering local raspberries and flowers, endemic flora (decorative flowers such as : rose of porcelain, parrot’s beak..), visit of the botanical garden, and enjoyable lunch with a view on the ocean (when the weather allows..). An exquisite day in a luxurious environment..!
Recommended itinerary :
- -City of Trinidade
- -Batepa Monument (remember 1953´s massacre)
- -São Nicolão waterfall and village
- -Botanical garden (endemic flowers)
- -Coffee plantations : Roça Monte Café and Nova Moca
- -Tasting of local rapsberries
- -Coffee production and tasting (at museum)
Included visit :
- -Botanical garden
- -Museum of coffee
Lunch options (not included):
- -Almada Negreiros
- -Pensão Ephraim
Activity options (on request):
- -HIKE TO AMELIA LAGOON
- -HIKE TO SANTA FÉ WATERFALL
PRICE : 70€/adult – 40€ for children (6 to 14 y.o)
REQUIREMENT: 2 adults minimum
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ACTIVITIES
- The excursions include a middle range vehicle (X-trail, Rav 4, Duster), with gasoline and guide/driver (discount applied if entry-level car).
- The group is accompanied by a local guide, speaking Portuguese, French, English, Spanish or Chinese mandarin (please inform us in advance).
- The car comes with : napkins, mineral water (0,5 L /pers.), and local snacks.
- Lunches can be included in the Excursions packages, please contact us for a detailed offer.
HOURS OF SERVICE
- Departure from Hotel starts at 8h15 or later (depending on group’s preference, from São Tomé city)
- Return at Hotel at around 18h15 or earlier depending on the season in order to avoid night driving.
- Service outside these hours will have to be requested and approved in advance and may require an extra fee.
ANY QUESTION ?
Just contact us on our “contact page” or with Whatsapp (see window below)